- Official trademark search is not available in Myanmar Registry Office. Can be conduct on a private search
TRADEMARK FILING IN APPLICATION
- File an application in the form of “Declaration of Ownership of Trademark
- Power of Attorney
- After submission the form, trademark application will be registered.
- After registration, a Cautionary Notice will be published in Myanmar newspaper
Trademark Validity / Renewal
Renewal can be done every 3 or 5 years
- Copyright in Myanmar is currently protected under the Copyright Act of 1914 (CA 1914).
- Copyrights from other countries are not recognized in Myanmar and no procedures for registering foreign copyrights in Myanmar
- Registration of copyright not compulsory under the law
- Literary: Subsists for life and 50 years after creator death
- Audiovisual: 50 years
- Art:25 years
- Collective: 50 works
- Works published under pseudonym:50 years
INDUSTRIAL DESIGN PROCEDURE
- To be registrable, an industrial design must be new and original.
- An industrial design is deemed to be new if it has not been disclosed to the public domestically or abroad whether before the filing date of the application for registration of industrial design in Myanmar or before the priority date if the priority right is claimed.
Industrial Design Validity
15 years from the filing date (renewal can be done every 5 years )
- First-to-file system will be adopted
- 18 months from filing date
PATENT SUBSTANTIVE EXAMINATION
- Upon request after 36 months after filing date
Protection term of 20 years
Protection term of 10 years